Saturday, April 12, 2014

20mm Cold War british armour

I started out yesterday seeing if I could rescue a bunch of second hand 20mm british cold war kit. The Warrior was found in the trash at a friends apartment, he built it several years ago as a kid and saw no need to keep it around. One mans trash, another mans treasure I suppose. The Chieftain is built from a kit for me since my own stroke affected fingers do not work well with 1/72 kits... :)

Starting to repaint this after having fixed or replaced parts missing or fallen off.

This one has had a new layer of base paint, and I have started to black wash it.



The brit 20mm to do list is as follows:

3x Challenger 1's (Revell?)
1x Challenger engineer vehicle, a scratch build but since this is intended for T2K scenarios it'll do.
1x FV432 (Resin, needs new paint)
2x FV432 (Resin, new and unpainted from S&S)
3x Scimitars (Airfix)
2x Spartans (Converted from Airfix kits)

All of these were cheap Ebay finds.

And it does seem that I get much better pictures using my phone and a sheet of printer paper. Gonna consider this another learning experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment